Our Nursery facility is staffed by some of the most caring and loving individuals we know. This paid staff of workers not only cares for your children during services, they also take the time to teach them the Word of God using the Orange Bible Curriculum. Melissa Bradberry is the administrator of our nursery and preschool area.
Nursery Health Policy
For the protection of your child and other children, parents are requested not to bring a child to church who appears to be ill. Upon the recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child should not be taken from home when any of the following exists:
- Fever – currently or within the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Any symptom of a childhood disease such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox or whooping cough.
- Common cold – from onset through one week
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection – boils, ringworm, or impetigo
- Pink eye or other eye infection
If a child develops a fever or other symptoms of illness, he will be isolated and the parents contacted to take the child home. We will not administer medicine. this is a very serious responsibility, which must be supervised by parents.
Should your child develop an infectious disease following a session in the preschool areas, please contact the preschool office immediately.
Parents should report any allergies to the preschool teacher immediately. For sanitation reasons, cloth diapers and soiled clothing are not rinsed out but are returned to you in a plastic bag.
It is the goal of our staff to provide competent and compassionate care to all nursery & preschool children in a safe, spiritual, and secure environment.
- The minimum age for nursery workers in 16 years. Any worker under the age of 21 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Any worker attending high school may only work in nursery or preschool area two (2) Sundays per month.
- No worker may be alone with a child at anytime. There must be at least two (2) workers in a room at all times.
- Only authorized persons are to be in the nursery area, the only exception being the mother of a nursing infant. An authorized person is a paid nursery worker who has completed the following:
- Application & interview process
- Background check
- Nursery training process
- Pager will be assigned to family upon arrival to nursery.
- Children will then be taken to designated room and all paperwork completed as needed.
- After service, pager must be returned and dismissal slip obtained in order to receive children from designated area.
- Members will be provided with permanent diaper bag tags. All articles removed from diaper bag must be labeled with child’s name.
- Visitors will complete number labels and articles removed from diaper bag must be tagged with corresponding labels.
- All trash bags are to be securely closed and placed in the hallway by your door following each service.
- All tables and counters are to be cleaned with appropriate disinfectant following each service.
- All toys are to be washed with antiseptic wipe or cleanser and disinfectant spray applied before returning to play area.
- Hands must be washed following all diaper changes
- See additional guidelines posted in designated areas
All nursery staff are paid members of Glen Haven Baptist Church . Please always be mindful that they are, first and foremost, servants of Jesus Christ, who choose to use their gifts and talents to provide a necessary ministry for the infants, toddlers, and parents of our church.